We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
Are online poker sites legal?
Just making sure I'm not getting into trouble. Are online poker sites legal?
Answers( 1 )
Online poker is legal depending on the location from where you are playing from. You can check whether online poker is legal in your territory through this article:
In the United Kingdom as well as in countries around the Caribbean Sea, online poker is regulated and legal. However, in the United States, the governing laws for online poker are quite complicated. At the moment, online poker is legal and regulated in the states of New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada. Players are required to be within the borders of the aforementioned states to be able to play online poker legally.
In the United Kingdom, the Gambling Commission regulates online poker so players can rest assured that most sites legally operating in their country are safe. Before these legal online poker sites acquired their licence, they had to meet the unforgiving standards of their respective regulating body. They had to incorporate the latest encryption technology to ensure that they provide a secure and safe online gaming environment to the players. Aside from that, they also have to pass exhaustive tests for fairness. Check whether the site is registered under one of these major gaming authorities recognised by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR):
• Curaçao: Curaçao Gaming Control Board
• Alderney: Alderney Gambling Control Commission
• France: Autorite de Regulation Des Jeux en Ligne (ARJEL)
• Gibraltar: Government of Gibraltar, Gaming Division
• Isle of Man: Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
• Italy: Agenzia Delle Dogane e Dei Monopoli (formerly AAMS)
• Malta: Malta Gaming Authority
• United Kingdom: Gambling Commission
• Atlantic City: New Jersey Casino Control Commission
• Las Vegas: Nevada Gaming Commission
• Makau: Makau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau
• Canada: Kahnawake Gaming Commission
If you want to discover licensed and regulated poker sites, check out our list of leading online poker operators: