We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
Are online poker sites regulated?
How do I know that I'm protected when I'm playing poker online? Are online poker sites regulated?
Answers( 1 )
Depending on the location from where you are playing, there are regulating bodies that safeguard the interests of players. Most of them are run by their respective governments. In the UK, the Gambling Commission makes sure that poker operators meet their unforgiving standards. These sites have to provide a secure and safe online gaming environment for their players. Apart from that, they also have to pass rigorous tests for fairness. Listed below are some of the major gaming authorities recognised by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR):
• Curaçao: Curaçao Gaming Control Board
• Alderney: Alderney Gambling Control Commission
• France: Autorite de Regulation Des Jeux en Ligne (ARJEL)
• Gibraltar: Government of Gibraltar, Gaming Division
• Isle of Man: Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
• Italy: Agenzia Delle Dogane e Dei Monopoli (formerly AAMS)
• Malta: Malta Gaming Authority
• United Kingdom: Gambling Commission
• Atlantic City: New Jersey Casino Control Commission
• Las Vegas: Nevada Gaming Commission
• Makau: Makau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau
• Canada: Kahnawake Gaming Commission
However, it is important to know that there are unregulated markets. Unregulated sites are the ones that are based in countries or territories that do not have clear and solid laws on online casino gaming. These are the ones you should avoid. More often than not, you will encounter dodgy sites that do not guarantee security and fairness. When you play at these sites, there is always the risk of rigged games or jeopardising your personal information.
On the other hand, if you want to play at regulated and licensed sites, you can check out our list of leading online poker operators: