We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
Are poker sites rigged?
I've been playing for quite some time and haven't won. Are poker sites rigged?
Answers( 1 )
You have to ask yourself first, "Am I playing at a regulated and licensed poker site?" Reputable online poker sites are required to meet specific standards laid out by regulatory boards. They have to ensure the players that they will experience a safe and secure gaming environment. Aside from that, the online poker operator also has to pass exhaustive tests for fairness. It goes without saying that if an online poker website possesses an operating licence, you can rest assured that all the games and tournaments are not rigged. Listed below are some of the major gaming authorities recognised by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR):
• Curaçao: Curaçao Gaming Control Board
• Alderney: Alderney Gambling Control Commission
• France: Autorite de Regulation Des Jeux en Ligne (ARJEL)
• Gibraltar: Government of Gibraltar, Gaming Division
• Isle of Man: Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
• Italy: Agenzia Delle Dogane e Dei Monopoli (formerly AAMS)
• Malta: Malta Gaming Authority
• United Kingdom: Gambling Commission
• Atlantic City: New Jersey Casino Control Commission
• Las Vegas: Nevada Gaming Commission
• Makau: Makau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau
• Canada: Kahnawake Gaming Commission
Aside from the operating licence, a certification from an independent, third-party auditor is an added indication of a site's fairness. These organisations are known for using a highly sophisticated method when testing poker sites for reliability, security and fairness. It goes without saying that if you want to know if the games are rigged or not, you should look for an approval seal from one of the auditors below:
• iTech Labs
• BMM Compliance
Unfortunately, the sad truth is there are dodgy online poker websites out there that do not guarantee fairness and security. When you play at these sites, you may encounter rigged games or may jeopardise your sensitive financial information. Needless to say, the best way you can ensure that you are on an absolutely fair site is by selecting the ones that are licensed and regulated as well as those that possess an approval seal from the third-party auditors mentioned above.
Here at HitYah, we understand how difficult it is to search the Internet and determine the ones that are truly reliable. That is why we have made the selection process a lot easier for you. We have a team of expert online poker analysts who regularly review poker sites and check whether they are regulated and licensed. Here are the top online poker sites you can trust: