We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
What online poker sites are legit?
I want to make sure that I'm not blowing my cash on dodgy poker sites. Can somebody please tell me what online poker sites are legit? How do I tell if it's legit?
Answers( 1 )
If you see an online poker site that is licensed, you will know for sure that it is legit and it has met the unforgiving standards of regulatory boards. Legal poker sites are required to provide a secure and safe playing environment for individuals. Moreover, they have to pass rigorous tests for fairness. Needless to say, if a poker site has an operating license, you can rest easy knowing that all the tournaments and tables are fair and that your personal information will be kept safe. The following are the gaming authorities recognised by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR):
• Curaçao: Curaçao Gaming Control Board
• Alderney: Alderney Gambling Control Commission
• France: Autorite de Regulation Des Jeux en Ligne (ARJEL)
• Gibraltar: Government of Gibraltar, Gaming Division
• Isle of Man: Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission
• Italy: Agenzia Delle Dogane e Dei Monopoli (formerly AAMS)
• Malta: Malta Gaming Authority
• United Kingdom: Gambling Commission
• Atlantic City: New Jersey Casino Control Commission
• Las Vegas: Nevada Gaming Commission
• Makau: Makau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau
• Canada: Kahnawake Gaming Commission
Aside from the operating licence, legit poker sites also regularly seek certification from independent, third-party auditors. These organisations test the software, games and other features of the site to ensure fairness, security and reliability. Make sure that you look for the approval seal from one of the independent auditors below:
• iTech Labs
• BMM Compliance
• BMM Compliance
When you do not carefully choose the online poker sites you play at, you are putting yourself at risk. There are dodgy poker operators out there that may have rigged the games or they do not have enough technology to support the security of your sensitive financial information. It goes without saying that to make sure that an online poker site is legit, you have to look for the licence as well as the approval seal from the aforementioned independent auditors.
We know that it can be difficult to search the Internet for the most reliable poker sites. Worry no more because we have made the selection process a lot easier. Our team of expert online poker analysts have come up with a list of top-rated poker sites that are licensed and regulated. Click on the link below to see all the licensed and trustworthy poker sites you can play at: