We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
Typically played during the winter months, bandy is similar in many ways to field hockey, ice hockey, and football. As a limited contact sport, bandy appeals to a large number of players throughout the world.
Here is some bandy information to become familiar with:
- Two teams of 11 compete against each other.
- Any player can be substituted for at any time.
- The players use a stick in order to shoot the ball into the opponent’s goal.
- Players use equipment including skates, helmet, and for the goalie, a face guard.
- The game is played over the course of two 45 minute halves.
- There is a 15 minute half time break.
- Each half runs continuously.
- The ball goes in and out of play throughout the game.
- The team with the most goals at the end of the game is the winner.
You no longer have to ask yourself what is bandy? With this basic information, you now have a better understanding of the game.
At this point, all you have to do is answer this question: are you going to play bandy in the near future? Depending on where you live, it may be easy to get involved.