We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
Top 3 Slots Software Suppliers
By Brodey Sheppard - June 03, 2016
There are a lot of games that can be found in online casinos, but slot machines are one of the most sought after among them all. It is not surprising to find that most gaming sites feature online slot games. They are easy to understand and straightforward, plus they provide entertainment without requiring skills. With just a flick of a button, you can get the chance to win big prizes.
With the unstoppable popularity growth of online slot machines, a number of slot games emerge every month. However, not all new online slots are created the same. Some are created with great quality and exciting slots bonuses while some are substandard. With all the choices available to you, selecting the slot games to check out can be quite overwhelming. But you do not have to worry so much because here at HitYah, we take the stress off the selection process and bring you the best slots to try.
We have a set of guidelines that we follow when choosing the right online slot. However, one of the first things we review is the slots software supplier. Most online casino fans understand that in general, the level of entertainment and the overall gaming experience that you can get from a brand depends on the software company that released it. It is important to mention that most of these software suppliers specialise in particular slots themes and features. Needless to say, when you know what they are good at, you will get an overview of the kind of gameplay that you can expect from their offerings.
Here at HitYah, we have featured reviews of several slots brands. After careful research and evaluation, we have concluded that in the slots market, there are three software providers that anyone should watch out for. If you want to learn what you can expect from particular slot games, take a look at our review of the top three slots software names.
Casino game developer Microgaming is one of the first to transition to the digital age. It has released a number of widely favoured casino games including its ever-popular slots games. When it was established in 1994, the company had a goal to deliver high-quality products and new releases on a regular basis. More than two decades later, Microgaming remained true to its mission and it has become one of the top slots software suppliers in the casino gaming industry. As a matter of fact, every month, this software company releases about two to three online slot games.
Some of the features you can expect from new Microgaming slot games:
- Wild – Most slots from this brand offer the standard Wild feature which substitutes all the other symbols on the reels, except for Scatter. You can create new winning combinations once the Wild makes up for the missing symbol in a series.
- Free Spins – This feature is common in Microgaming slot games. Once free spins are triggered, you can spin the reels without paying for anything yet you still have the chance to win real money. In some Microgaming slot brands, there are multiple free spins options that players can choose from.
- Multipliers – You can also expect to see multipliers as a bonus feature among Microgaming slots. Some even offer increasing multipliers for successive wins.
- Auto Spin – This feature is always available on Microgaming slot brands. Most of them offer five to ten auto spins, while others offer bigger numbers. Some slot games even feature options on when the auto spins should stop.
- Gamble – Existing in some of the of the software’s brand, this feature, when triggered, allows the player to choose a card’s characteristic. The player will then be dealt with a card from the deck and if what would be drawn matches what the player chose, they will receive additional credits.
Pros and Cons of Microgaming Slots
There are some advantages you can recognise when you play the best Microgaming slots games. First of all, you can trust the brand’s reputation for providing high-quality games. Microgaming was the first software company to offer online and mobile casino games and many players around the world trust this reputable company. Another great quality of Microgaming slots is the ‘expert’ mode for choosing auto spins. There are a number of factors you can select in terms of when the auto spins should stop. This can depend on the number of coins reached, amount of loss and if a big win is hit.
On the other hand, there are still disadvantages when playing Microgaming slots. Some of the brands launched by this gaming software company offer a Turbo Mode. While it can speed up the spins of the reels, most of the games do not provide an option for modifying the feature. Another disadvantage of most Microgaming slots is the fact that players cannot choose a bet per line.
However, in terms of security, you can rest assured that Microgaming slots offer one of the strongest in the industry. This software supplier also cooperates with multiple payment processors – including Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, etc – to ensure safe transactions.
Since its establishment in 1999, gaming software provider Playtech has been a popular name in various sectors of the gaming industry, including online slots. Most slot players know that this company has been synonymous with innovation, fun and excitement. One of the pioneers in the online slots industry, Playtech has been recognised as a provider of engaging slot games. The brand is always watching out for the next blockbuster comic books and movies that they can base their new offerings on. Thanks to Playtech, movie and book franchises can see their favourite characters on the spinning reels.
Some of the features you can expect from new Playtech slot games:
- Progressive jackpots – Playtech’s slot network spans across the globe and some games have connected jackpot systems. These slots offer progressive jackpots that can increase up to millions of pounds!
- Dealer – Some slot games launched by Playtech have a feature which allows the players to compete against a dealer. This bonus feature is a bit like the Gamble feature offered in some Microgaming slot games. Basically, the player will choose a card and if their card is higher than the one that the dealer chose, the former will be awarded additional credits.
- Auto start – Playtech slots also mostly feature auto spins. What’s good about these games is that you do not have to choose among a fixed number of auto spins. You can click the + or – buttons to select the number of auto spins.
- Marvel slots – Fans of Marvel comics will be delighted to know that this software company releases slot games based on the blockbuster action movies they love. Some of the popular Marvel slots from Playtech include Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2.
Pros and cons of Playtech slots
When you check out Playtech slots, you will typically find the Spin and Turbo mode buttons. When you press ‘Spin,’ you will activate the regular spin. On the other hand, when you choose the Turbo mode, you will make the reels spin faster. This mode can be turned on and off anytime you wish. In this way, you will be able to see the results of the spin immediately. With Playtech slots, you also have the ability to choose the rate for both the coin size and the bet per line. This option cannot be regularly seen in online slot machines launched by other software suppliers.
3) International Game Technology (IGT)
For over four decades, IGT has been producing slots, lottery systems, and other products related to gaming. This game supplier produces nearly 50 percent of all the land-based casino slots in the US. For over a decade, IGT has offered online and mobile gaming systems for online casinos. The brand has been known to be an innovator, introducing a number of fresh concepts such as player tracking as well as various slot features that are significant for player enjoyment today.
Some of the features you can expect from IGT slots include:
- Movie/TV themed slots – IGT has invested heavily in producing slots based on popular movies and TV shows. You can expect to see slots based on Sex and the City, Star Wars, Family Guy and Wheel of Fortune, among many others.
- Auto spin stop – One of the good qualities that most IGT slots possess is the option of aborting your pre-selected auto spins. Once you’ve started the auto spin, the button will change into a stop icon. So in case you changed your mind and you want the auto spins to end, you can simply click stop.
- Monopoly slots – Fans of the classic board game will be delighted to see that the bonus features on the Monopoly slots franchise are based on the little details that the brand has been known for. You can also enjoy the multi-level feature of this slot game. So, expect to be engaged more and hooked on spinning the Monopoly slots reels!
Slots on Online Casinos
As you try different casino sites, you will find that the slot games are repeated. The reason behind this is because bingo sites and casinos license the games. Hence, you will discover that while a software supplier is featured on a casino site, games from other software companies will be featured as well. In general, casino and bingo sites typically feature games from five or six different software providers. In a way, this is beneficial for you as you will have a good selection and variation of games to play