We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
As one of the most popular sports in the United States, baseball continues to captivate the mind of fans and bettors alike.
Are you interested in baseball betting? When you combine the number of total games with the many types of wagers, you will find it easy to get in on the action.
There are several things you can do to improve your chance of winning:
- Understand the game of baseball.
- Become familiar with the many types of bets.
- Focus on trends.
MLB betting is extremely common as bettors often find it easier to come out on top. There is no guarantee that you will win, but the right approach and strategy definitely puts you in a position to succeed.
Baseball Betting Sites
MLB Sports Betting
If you want to bet on MLB, the first thing you must do is understand the many types of wagers.
The money line wager is most common. Here is an example of how it works:
Pittsburgh Pirates +175
Chicago Cubs – 190
What this means is simple: Pirates’ bettors will risk $100 to win $175. Cubs’ bettors will risk $190 to $100. In other words, the Cubs are favored to win the game.
If you are interested in betting with the run line, the odds will change. You may now see something like this:
Pittsburgh Pirates +1.5 -125
Chicago Cubs -1.5 +105
In this case, betting on the Pirates means you are risking more money than you can win. In this example, $125 to win $100. However, there is a catch: bettors are receiving 1.5 runs, which means they can win even if the Pirates lose.
Another common type of MLB bet is over/under. Also known as totals, this works the same way as every other sport. You are placing a bet on the total number of runs. You will choose either over or under.
An example of this would be:
Pittsburgh Pirates Over 7.5 -130
Chicago Cubs Under 7.5 +110
Here is the question to answer: do you think the total number of runs will be more or less than 7.5? This will help you decide which type of bet to place.
One final option is future betting. This is available to bettors all year long, even in the off-season. You can place bets on events that will happen in the future, such as who you think will win the World Series, division titles, and league pennants.
Even after baseball season comes to an end, you can still place futures bets to stay in the game.
MLB Sports Betting Tips
There is no surefire way to turn every MLB bet into a winner. You never know what will happen on the field during a given game. Even though there is some uncertainty, the right strategy can work in your favor.
Here are some tips to remember:
- Each team plays 162 games, meaning you have many opportunities to generate a positive return on investment.
- There are many types of bets to place, but baseball is considered by the most experienced bettors to be a money line sport.
- Follow trends closely. Which teams perform best at certain times of the day? Do some teams play better when they are the underdog? In addition to tracking your own trends, you can find plenty of information online.
- Pitching wins baseball games. Good hitting is always helpful, but dominant pitchers are what every team is looking for.
- Don’t overlook the importance of injuries. It only takes one key player being on the bench for a team’s chances of winning to take a hit. Keep an eye on this with each bet that you place.
MLB Betting: Online and Land Based
If you live in the United States, you don’t have many options if you want to bet on baseball. The best thing you can do is visit Las Vegas, where you can legally wager on these games.
Bettors in other parts of the world often have access to online sportsbooks. Depending on where you live, you may be able to place online wagers. This is more convenient, not to mention the fact that its makes it easier to collect and compare valuable data before putting any money down.
Baseball betting remains popular among millions of people spanning the globe. Understanding each type of bet, while also having a strategy you can rely on, will improve your chance of success.