We hate spam and only email you when we have something worth sharing.
2016 Gaming, Racing & Wagering Australia Conference (GRWA)
By Brodey Sheppard - June 10, 2016
Once again, industry casino gaming, betting and racing industry leaders in Australia will meet under one roof to discuss relevant issues and innovations for their respective sectors. This year, the seventh Gaming Racing & Wagering Australia will be held at Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour from 8 – 10 August 2016. The three-day conference will focus on two of the most emerging topics in the industry – eSports and mobile gaming.
Topics to Watch out for at the 2016 GRWA
People attending the three-day conference will have the opportunity to meet their industry peers and hear well-researched case studies and panel discussions on the burning issues that the sector is currently facing. The only comprehensive, all-in-one gaming conference in Australia, the 2016 GRWA will be a venue to discuss the current developments and legislation pertaining to the betting industry. Attendees will have a glimpse of the latest challenges that the Australian casinos and clubs are facing and what the sector is doing about them.
Months before the upcoming Melbourne Cup 2016, the GRWA will also feature speakers who will discuss the future of horse racing and how it can attract more punters. Online bookmakers can attend the conference and learn about the latest trends in live sports betting as well as wagering on eSports. On the first day of the conference, there will be a discussion regarding how sports books can capitalise on mobile betting. Other topics to be discussed include the importance of digital marketing in delighting the customers as well as opportunities that the casino sector can take to engage with millennials.
2016 Gaming, Racing & Wagering (GWRA) Schedule
Monday, 8 August 2016 - WORKSHOPS
- 1:00 PM – Registration and Coffee
- 2:00 PM – Workshop 1 - Capitalising on the continued growth of mobile – Is it for you?
- 2:00 PM – Workshop 2 - An introduction to the eSports industry – Demystifying an (almost) billion dollar segment
- 5:00 PM – End of Day One
Tuesday, 9 August 2016 – WAGERING DAY
- 8:30 AM – Registration
- 9:30 AM – Chair’s Opening Remarks and Business Card Exchange
- 9:50 AM – Examining the trends driving industry consolidation, outlook and implications for different sectors of the industry
- 10:20 AM – The eSports industry’s incredible growth: Is it a gamble?
- 10:50 AM – Morning Tea & Networking
- 11:20 AM – Virtual Sports – How it compares to other forms of gaming
- 12:00 PM – Do you need App Stores to grow?
- 12:30 PM – Analysing the business of social gaming and the virtual reality casino
- 12:45 PM – Networking Lunch
- 1:45 PM – Innovating the online, mobile and on-track experience
- 2:15 PM – Innovating in gaming, the future of eSports, virtual gaming and fantasy sports for casino differentiation
- 2:45 PM – Skill Gambling: Is it worth it?
- 3:15 PM – Afternoon Tea & Networking
- 3:45 PM – Social media marketing and how it fares for the gaming industry
- 4:15 PM – What is the role of AUSTRAC as a financial intelligence unit/regulator?
- 4:45 PM – Delivering a more engaging mobile gaming experience through partnering with other vendors, collaboration and cross-selling
- 5:15 PM - Chair’s Summary and Closing Remarks
- 5:45 PM – Welcome Drinks Reception
Wednesday, 10 August 2016 - LAND BASED AND RACING DAY
- 8:30 AM – Registration and Coffee
- 9:15 AM – Chair’s Opening Remarks
CLUBS & CASINOS: CONFRONTING CURRENT REALITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES OF TOMORROW
- 9:30 AM – Land-based gaming opportunities in emerging markets
- 10:00 AM – Casino innovation – engaging with millennials
- 10:40 AM – Morning Tea & Networking
- 11:20 AM – Creating a unique and memorable customer experience
- 12:00 PM – Should land-based clubs and casinos go online? Using innovative technology to help spur the region’s online casino market
- 12:20 PM – What now? Facing the challenges of Australia’s club and casino operators
- 1:00 PM – Networking Lunch
THE AUSTRALIAN RACING INDUSTRY: FURTHERING THE INTERESTS OF A VALUABLE COMMODITY
- 2:00 PM – What is the future of racing in Australia and globally?
- 2:30 PM – Achieving outstanding wagering growth through innovation
- 2:40 PM – Confronting the threat of match-fixing in racing
- 3:10 PM – HKJC’s Digital Nights at Happy Wednesday – Transforming the race viewing experience
- 3:30 PM – Facing the serious realities in fantasy sports
- 3:50 PM – Afternoon Tea & Networking
- 4:20 PM – Finding new recruits: Bringing new owners to racing
- 4:40 PM – Using well-devised tactical digital marketing strategies to delight your customers
- 5:10 PM – Chair’s Summary and Closing Remarks
- 5:30 PM – End of Day Three
2016 GRWA Speakers
|Scott Wenkart||Founder & CEO, Spiral Global|
|Michael Moretti||Digital Marketer, Royal Wins|
|Myles Blasonato||Creative Director & Writer, Royal Wins|
|Dr Eliot Forbes||CEO, Tasracing|
|Sudhir Kale||Ph.D, Bond University|
|Randall Noble||Founder, Better eSports|
|Mark Bryan||Senior Director, Bank of America Merril Lynch|
|Stephen Doig||General Manager, Inside Word|
|Dr Sally Gainsbury||Senior Lecturer, Centre for Gambling Education & Research Southern Cross|
|Mats Johnson||Director, VGW|
|Michael Toohey||Director, Australasian Gaming Specialists|
|Jamie Nettleton||Partner, Addisons|
|Oonagh Chan||Head of Broadcasting Services, Hong Kong Jockey Club|
|Mark Cridland||Founder, OnThePunt|
|Chris North||CEO, GamCrowd|
|Alan Pedley||Principal Consultant, Government Associates|
|Tim Shepherd||Executive Director, President - Business Development, Silver Heritage Limited|
|Rosalind Wade||Managing Director and Co-Founder, Asia Gaming Brief|